Urban Structural Density 2011
For the calculation of the land to building ratio and the floor space index, the geometries of the buildings in the Automated Property Map of Berlin (ALK; part of the Land Cadastre) were merged with the Block Map of the City and Environment Information System, 1:5.000.
For this purpose, the following data bases were consulted:
- Block map 1: 5 000 (ISU5) of the City and Environment Information System (ISU) of the Senate Department for Urban Development, III F, as of 31 Dec. 2005
- Map of building storeys, based on the Automated Property Map (ALK), of Berlin, as of June 30, 2011
as well as the appropriate factual data
- number of storeys of buildings
- building type
- land use of blocks/ block segments
- urban structural type/area type of blocks/ block segments.
With the aid of these data bases, the land to building ratio (LBR) and the floor space index (FSI) were ascertained for a total of 24,669 blocks and block segments.