Actual Use of Built-up Areas / Inventory of Green and Open Spaces 2005
The data on use of built-up and non-built-up areas in West and East Berlin derive from a large number of sources which are differentiated described in the respective edition.
The basis for the categorization and use assignment was provided by the land use maps in the 1985 Umweltatlas (Environmental Atlas) for West Berlin, 06.01 “Actual Use of Built-up Areas,”, 06.02 “Inventory of Green and Open Spaces” and the edition from total area of Berlin 1995 (06.01/06.02) (data base 1990) and 2002 (0601/06.02) and 2004 (0601/06.02).
The update of the edition 2008 (data base 31.12.2005) was implemented by an external contractor. Changes of land use between 2001 and 2005 were mapped and adaptations of geometries of the Digital Basic Map Berlin 1:5,000 (ISU 5) were made. The following statistical bases were used:
- Digital Map of Berlin 1:5,000 of the Urban and Environmental Information System (ISU) of the Senate Department for Development, IIIF; status: 2005-12. with new block segments and actual block numbers
- Geometrical changes of the blocks from the Spacial Framework (Räumliches Bezugssystem RBS) of the Department of Statistics (Amt für Statistik in Berlin-Brandenburg, formerly Statistisches Landesamt Berlin) 2002-2005
- Digital aerial photographies (orthophotographies), 2006, SenStadt Abt. III (archive for aerial views)
- Area inspection by Cornelia Nitzsche
- Update and mapping of all railroad areas, 2007, Geoinfo, Cornelia Nitzsche
With help of the data bases specified above, limitations, use and section type of altogether 806 sections and for 696 railroad sections (compared to edition 2004), were defined.