A variety of very different data enter into the calculation of the dwell time of percolation water: on the one hand, geological pedological data (spatial distribution of soil and rock types, characteristic values of soil and rock), and on the other hydrological/ hydrogeological data (spatial distribution of percolation water quantities, new groundwater formation quantities, depth to groundwater from the surface).
The following specific sources have been taken into account:
- General Geological Map of Berlin and Surroundings of 1:100,000 GÜK 100, (LGRB and SenStadt 1995)
- Hydrogeological Segments from the Berlin Geological Atlas (SenStadt 2002),
- Berlin Environmental Atlas, Updated and Enlarged Edition, (SenStadt)
- Map 01.01 Soil Associations, 1:50,000 (1998),
- Map 01.06.1 Types of Soil, 1:50,000 (2002),
- Map 02.07 Depth to Groundwater, 1:50,000 (new edition 2003),
- Map 02.13.5 New Groundwater Formation, 1:50,000 (new edition 2003),
- Soil database of the City and Environment Information System (SenStadt),
- Data of approx. 33,000 drillings from the Berlin State Geological Archives,
- Map for the Characterization of the Overburden Layers, according to WRRL 1:100,000 (SenStadt 2002).