Green Roofs 2016
Multispectral remote sensing data are particularly suitable for acquiring data on green roofs. The “view from above” allows a spectral differentiation of types and materials of surface covers of roofs. The essential statistical foundations for a precise assignment were given with the availability of up-to-date high-resolution digital colour-infrared orthophotos on the one hand and building and roof outlines on the other.
The following information was used as a statistical base:
- Digital colour-infrared orthophotos 2016 (DOP20CIR) from April 2 and 3, 2016 (SenStadtUm 2016c),
- Building and roof outline geometries as well as underground car parks without overlying buildings of the official property cadastre information system (Amtliches Liegenschaftskatasterinformationssystem, ALKIS) from April 2016,
- NOT-ALK buildings of the Environmental Atlas map “06.10 Building and Vegetation Heights” with data as of August 2009 and September 2010 (SenStadtUm 2014).
To minimise mapping errors, the following specialist planning data and geodata with citywide availability were further included:
- Blocks and block segments of the Urban and Environmental Information System at a scale of 1 : 5,000 (ISU5), including the uses available there (52 area types) from the Environmental Atlas map “06.08 Urban Structure – differentiated” as of December 31, 2015 (SenStadtUm 2016b),
- Data set building storeys in the Geoportal Berlin with data as of April 2016 (SenStadtUm 2016d),
- Vegetation height layers of the Environmental Atlas map “06.10 Building and Vegetation Heights” with data as of August 2009 and September 2010 (SenStadtUm 2014).