Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstraße 1
We want to donate a Stolperstein-memorial at Helmstr. 1 probably in 2013. We are looking for any relatives or any person which have further information related the following persons who lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1 during WW II.
- Behrendt, Georg Willie; born 28.8.1895 in Berlin; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1 in 1938-1940; death place/deported to Riga, Latvia
- His son Gary Behrendt left a Page of Testimony at Yad Vashem in 1984 leaving the following address: 150-30 Village Rd. Jamaika New York, U.S.A.; probably later or before living in Eagle Cres Manhasset, NY
- Behrendt, Rolf; (son of Georg Willie and brother of Gary) born in 27.8.1923 in Berlin; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1; deported at 27.11.1941 to Riga; death place Buchenwald; missing
- Meyer, Irma; born 2 of June 1900 or 1899 in Berlin, nee Mosessohn; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1; deported at 3.10.192 to Concentration Camp in Estonia, Russia; death place in Reval, Estonia
- Her daughter left also a Testimony at Yad Vashem in 2000: Margot Saunders, 3590 So Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach, FL 33480, U.S.A.
- Wollmann, Wolfgang; born 5.8.1891 in Podembice; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1; deported on 7. transport to Riga, Latvia; deathplace Riga; missing
- Felsenbach, Pauline, nee Abend; born 3.10.1882 in Vienna, Austria; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1; 25 th transport at 14.12.1942, to Riga, Latvia; death place: Riga; missing
- Pickardt, Mary; born 7.10.1882 in Berlin; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1; 15. transport 13.6.1942 to „East“; deathplace Majdanek, missing
- Fürst, Georg; born 16.12.1903 in Zabrze, Silesia; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Helmstr. 1 and bevore or later in Nettelbeckstr. 4; deported on 31. transport at 1.3.1943 to Auschwitz; deathplace Auschwitz
- his wife: Maria Fürst; nee Federmann born 23.7.1904 in Focsani, Romania;
- their daughter: Jona Fürst; born 24.2.1942 in Berlin
- Hirsch, Gotthelf; born 17.7.1876 in Posen; lived in Berlin-Schöneberg, Erdmannstr. 3; date of death: 30.9.1938; commited suicide
We are planning to engrave the name of these persons in bronze pavements stones, which will be set in the existing pavement in front of the house entrance as a memorial and a reminder. The installation of the so-called “Stolpersteine” is part of a growing private memorial project in many German cities and other European countries.
We are living actually in the neighborhood of Helmstr. (Erdmannstr.).