(1) The adult education centre can terminate or withdraw from the agreement if a course cannot be held as a whole or in part for reasons beyond the centre’s control (including, for instance, non-availability of the teacher or closing of classrooms).
(2) The adult education centre can terminate the agreement during a course section with immediate effect if the actual number of students in the course drops permanently (at least on three consecutive course dates) below the number of students that is required for educational and methodological reasons.
(3) If a course is not held, students will be refunded the tuition fee already paid as well as surcharges, if any, the child care fee as well as the administration fee.
(4) If a course is only held in part, tuition fees for those parts which were not offered will be refunded. The same is applicable to the child care fee. Administration fees as well as expenses for consumables actually consumed will not be refunded. In cases where it would be unreasonable to charge fees for an incomplete course held (especially if the incomplete course is without any value for the students), the tuition fee paid, any fee surcharges charged and, if applicable, the child care fee as well as the administration fee will be refunded to the students.
(5) The adult education centre can terminate the agreement for cause with immediate effect even during a course. Termination for cause is, in particular, possible in the cases described in subsections 1 and 2 as well as in the following cases:
a) Failure to pay the tuition fee and or instalments, if any, when due
b) Failure to fulfil the personal or non-personal conditions for attending the courses according to section 2, subsection 2
c) Conduct in violation of community interests
d) Serious violations of the house rules
(6) If the adult education centre terminates the agreement on the basis of subsection 5 for failure to fulfil personal and non-personal conditions for participation, tuition fees for courses not attended will, if applicable, be refunded in analogy to the procedure described in subsection 4.