This privacy statement is in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR)
We hereby inform you about the collection and further processing of personal data when downloading and using this app. Personal data are all data that allow conclusions about your person, e.g. name, address, e-mail, user behavior.
I. Responsible party
The operator of this app and responsible party within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Berlin Data Protection Act is the Berlin Forestry Department:
Berliner Forsten, Landesforstamt Berlin
Dahlwitzer Landstraße 4, 12587 Berlin
Tel: +49 (0)30 641937-0
II. Data protection officer
You will reach the person in charge of data protection for the Senate of Berlin’s administration at:
Senatsverwaltung für Umwelt, Verkehr und Klimaschutz
Am Köllnischen Park 3
III. Processing of personal data
1. When downloading the app, the information for the download is transferred to the respective app store (Apple or Google Play), i.e. in particular user name, e-mail, customer number of your account, time of download, and the identification number of the downloading device. We have no influence on the collection of this data and are not responsible for it.
Here the data protection conditions of the respective app store apply. You can find out more about these here:
2. If you have agreed to the use of your location data, the app will use your location data when the app is active and in the background, when the app is closed. When visiting the forest, the app can use these data to show you where to find the access points for audio exhibits. The signal is broadcast by several BEACONS on site. Your location data will neither be stored nor transferred to third parties and will only be used for running the app.
When visiting the forest, the app can be used to show you where to find the access points for audio exhibits. The signal is broadcast by several BEACONS on site. If you want to use this function, you must agree to letting the app use your location data for this purpose. The app will then use your location data both when the app is active and in the background, when the app is closed. Your location data will neither be stored nor transferred to third parties and will only be used for the running the app.
Other than this, it is not necessary for you to provide personal data in order to use the app. You will be asked, however, to provide personal data when using the app’s contact form. Here, the following data is processed:
Gender, name and surname, e-mail address, and the time of transmission.
Data from the contact form are only used to process your request. Other personal data collected during the submitting process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for processing your request, i.e. when the respective conversation with the user has ended and the issue in question has been resolved. If an administrative process is initiated on the basis of the conversation, we are required to retain certain data for a longer period of time within the scope of our activity management. Please ask us for further information regarding these requirements. The same storage period and reasons for deletion apply to the additional personal data collected during the sending process.
3. The app itself does not collect or process any personal data. In addition, the app does not use any analysis tools such as Google Analytics. After installation, it can be used without accessing the Internet.
IV. Rights of the person providing the dataYou have the right to:
- information about the processing of your personal data (including information about the purpose, recipients, and duration of data storage) in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR,
- correct incorrect personal data in accordance to Art. 16 GDPR,
- deletion of your data in accordance to Art. 17 GDPR,
- restrict the processing and data portability in accordance to Art. 18 and 20 GDPR as well as
- object to the processing of your data at any time in accordance to Art. 21(1) GDPR. If you object, your personal data will no longer be processed. Exceptions will be made if either compelling legitimate grounds outweigh your interests, rights, and liberties, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims. The lawfulness of the processing carried out up to the objection is not affected by the objection.
In order to exercise the rights set forth in this section, any data subject may contact the entity in charge.
In addition, if you are of the opinion that the processing of your data does not comply with the provisions of the GDPR, you can file a complaint with a supervising authority (Art. 77 GDPR). This can be the authority of your place of residence, but in principle also any other data protection supervising authority. The supervising authority for public entities in the state of Berlin is the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, whom you can contact as follows:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Tel.: +49 30 13889-0
Despite our best efforts to supervise the content, the Berlin Forestry Department does not assume any liability for the content of external links. The managers of the linked pages bear sole responsibility for their content.