Awards for art project spaces and initiatives in the area of visual arts
The funding program is aimed both at project spaces as free, self-initiated venues for presentation and production and at non-site-based initiatives working in the area of visual arts. Legal and natural persons (individuals, associations, artist groups, etc.) are eligible to apply.
All project spaces and initiatives that are part of the target group described above are eligible to apply, provided they satisfy the following conditions:
- They have existed for at least two years (retroactively from the beginning of the call for applications).
- They can demonstrate that the space or initiative has been continuously active in Berlin in curatorial or artistic work.
- They are based in Berlin, and their main activities take place in Berlin (in the case of initiatives, the majority of the group’s members must have their primary residence in Berlin).
- Their project space/their initiative does not take a market-oriented, profit-seeking approach.
- They offer space for third-party projects, discourses, and activities in an artistic context.
Prize money will be awarded in two categories:
- Three prizes of €20,000 each
- Four prizes of €10,000 each
The seven prizes (and the category) will be awarded on the recommendation of an independent jury.
Applications, including all supporting documents, must be submitted online. You can fill in the electronic application form and upload the required supporting documents online at:
Please take note of the instructions in the latest version of the information sheet.
Awards programme for artistic project spaces and initiatives