Target group / Purpose of funding
The co-financing programme is open to professional artists and
independent groups based in Berlin. Institutions, particularly
those working for or with the independent arts scene, are also
eligible to submit applications.
The programme was established to enable artists to apply for grants from external funding bodies requiring co-financing. Projects from all genres and disciplines are eligible for funding under this programme. Funding applications for research or similar undertakings may also be submitted to this programme.
Eligibility and conditions
- The applicant must provide evidence that co-financing is required by the primary funding body.
- Projects to which funding has been allocated (or approved for allocation) by the Federal State of Berlin, the Capital Cultural Fund or the German Lottery Foundation Berlin (DKLB) are not eligible for funding under this programme.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the commencement of a project.
- Artists applying for funding must live and work in Berlin. In the case of groups / ensembles, the majority of members must live and work in Berlin.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
- Applications may be submitted for up to €50,000 per applicant, per year. Co-financing is not available for investment-related measures.
Call for applications
Applications to the co-financing fund can be made throughout the year.
Please refer to the current version of the program flyer (in German) for detailed information on submitting an application.
Informationsblatt Kofinanzierungsförderung 2018
Musterfinanzierungsplan mehrjährige Projekte
Jury für den Kofinanzierungsfonds