Tour funding for jazz musicians
Target group / Purpose of funding
The tour funding programme was established to support the artistic development of professional musicians and ensembles. Funding is provided to musicians and ensembles wishing to undertake a domestic tour for the purpose of raising their public profile and which will also serve to promote Berlin’s music scene to audiences throughout Germany.
Eligibility and conditions
- Funding is awarded through this programme to musicians and groups that have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- The proposed tour should be staged in connection with a significant development or a particular occasion such as the release of a new recording, a new line-up, an exclusive concert programme (possibly in cooperation with a guest musician), a maiden tour or an anniversary or similar.
- The intervals between the individual concerts should be as brief as possible.
- Only touring projects which have not yet commenced are eligible for funding.
- Musicians applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin. In the case of groups, the majority of members must live and work in Berlin.
- Solo performances, charity concerts, showcases for record companies, exclusively international tours and tours in which the musician/ensemble will perform (free of charge) as a supporting act are not eligible for funding.
Tour funding will be issued in the form of stipends for participating musicians. Per concert, 80 € can be assessed for each musician and each sound technician.
Call for applications
There will be two annual calls for applications issued.
Please refer to the current version of the programme flyer (in German) for detailed information on submitting an application.
Informationsblatt Tourneeförderung Jazz 2020
Anlage 1 "Tourneeplan" Tourneeförderung Jazz
Anlage 2 "Mitglieder, Projektbeteiligte" Tourneeförderung Jazz