Work stipends New Music and sound art
Target group / Purpose of funding
Funding is provided to professional artists working in the fields of New Music or sound art (composition, sound art, interpretation, curating).
Eligibility and conditions
- Stipends are awarded to artists who have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Artists applying to this programme must provide proof that they have completed a professional qualification within the arts and/or evidence of their professional artistic activities in the field of New Music or sound art over several years.
- Applicants to this programme must live and work in Berlin.
- Artists holding passports from non-EU member states are only eligible to apply if they hold a valid residency permit which qualifies them for self-employment.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
- Applicants may not have received any other stipend from the Berlin Senate for the year in which they are applying.
As a rule, a stipend of €12,000 will be awarded to successful applicants. However, applications for a funding amount of €8,000 can be made as well.
Call for applications
A call for applications to this programme is usually issued in November of each year for the following year.
Please refer to the current version of the programme flyer (in German) for detailed information on submitting an application.
Informationsblatt Neue Musik und Klangkunst 2019