Cultural exchange stipends of the federal state of Berlin – Comic/Graphic Novel: Paris
- 1 stipend of 6 months duration – November 2022 through the end of April 2023
Target group / Purpose of funding
The cultural exchange stipend is awarded to support the artistic development of professional artists. During their stay abroad artists will have the opportunity to learn about the culture(s) of their respective host country, experience the latest trends in local scenes, make contacts, exchange ideas, find inspiration, and realize a project on location. A studio apartment provided by programme partners abroad are available to resident artists visiting from Berlin.
Eligibility and conditions
- Stipends are awarded to professional artists who have won recognition for the quality of their work within their discipline and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of the language of their host country when they embark upon their residency.
- Recipients are required to remain on location throughout their residency.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
- Artists applying to this programme must have lived and worked in Berlin for the last three years.
- Recipients of cultural exchange stipends may apply again to this programme two years after the completion of their residency abroad.
This cultural exchange stipend consists of a payment of €2,500 per month and the (rent-free) use of a studio apartment in the host city.
The annual studio and programme fees levied by the partner organization are paid for by the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. Artists undertaking residencies through this programme will enjoy the support of partner organizations on location with contacts to local scenes and institutions. Assistance is also available from the Goethe-Institut on location. Various events staged by partner organizations (open studios, artist talks, exhibitions) will provide opportunities for residents to present their work to an international audience.
Foreign partner organization
- Cité International des Arts – www.citedesartsparis.net
Call for applications
Calls for applications to this programme are usually issued in June of each year for the following year.
Please refer to the current version of the relevant programme flyer for detailed information.
INFORMATION SHEET on artist-in-residence stipends of the federal state of Berlin for 2022/2023 Comic/Graphic Novel – Paris
APPLICATION FORM cultural exchange stipends of the federal state of Berlin 2022/2023 Comic/ Graphic Novel – Paris