Target group / Purpose of funding
The cultural exchange stipend is awarded to support the artistic development of professional artists in the field of comic. During their stay abroad artists will have the opportunity to learn about the culture(s) of their respective host country, experience the latest trends in local scenes, make contacts, exchange ideas, find inspiration, and realize a project on location. A studio apartment provided by programme partners abroad are available to resident artists visiting from Berlin.
Eligibility and conditions
- Grants are awarded to artists who have proven themselves through their artistic work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Recipients are required to remain on location during the grant period
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin, and be registered in Berlin (‚Erstwohnsitz‘)
- Students cannot apply
- Former grantees can re-apply, if their residency ended at least two years ago (September 2021)
- 1 stipend of 6 months duration – November 2024 through the end of April 2025
The grant comprises a monthly payment of 2.500 € plus free use of the studio flat at the Cité.
During the artist’s residency colleagues at the Cité look after the Berlin artist and arrange contacts to the local scene on request. Events organised by the Cité (i.e. open studios, exhibitions, artists‘ talks) offer opprtunities for Berlin artists to present their work to an international audience.
Call for applications
Calls for applications to this programme are usually issued in August of each year for the following year.
>>> NEW! >>> Please note, that you can only submit an application for ONE residency place at a time. Multiple applications (for several residency cities) are no longer possible!
We strongly advise you to please read all the information provided on the actual information sheet.