Target group / Purpose of funding
The global cultural exchange grants serve the artistic development (research and artistic work) of professional artists in all disciplines. The funding is provided for artistic work together with a cooperation partner at self-selected locations worldwide.
Eligibility and conditions
- Grants are awarded to artists who have proven themselves through their artistic work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Applications must be accompanied by an invitation from a cooperation partner.
- Recipients are required to remain on location for a minimum of 1 month during the funding period of three months.
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin, and be registered in Berlin (‚Erstwohnsitz‘)
- Students cannot apply
- Artists from non-EU-States are only eligible to apply if they hold a valid residency permit which qualifies them for self-employment.
The grant comprises a payment of € 2,500 per month over the funding period of three months.
Call for applications
The call for applications to this programme usually opens in July of each year for the following year.
An independent expert jury consisting of Korhan Erel, Inka Gressel, Christina Landbrecht, Nazanin Noori and Valentin Schmehl decides on the applications to be funded in November 2023. Results will be communicated via email in December 2023.
Please read the current information sheet before submitting your application!