Global exchange stipends of the Federal State of Berlin – for all disciplines
Target group / Purpose of funding
The global cultural exchange stipends are awarded to support the artistic development of professional artists. Stipends are awarded for the realization of work / projects in cooperation with an institutional partner at any location worldwide of the artist’s choice.
Eligibility and conditions
- Stipends are awarded to artists who have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Applications must be accompanied by an invitation from a cooperation partner.
- Recipients are required to remain on location for a minimum of 1 month during the funding period of three month.
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
- Artists holding passports from non-EU Member States are only eligible to apply if they hold a valid residency permit which qualifies them for self-employment.
The stipend is dispensed in monthly payments of €2,500 over the funding period of 3 months.
Call for applications
Calls for applications to this programme are issued in June of each year for residencies in the following year.
Please refer to the current version of the programme flyer for detailed information on submitting an application.
INFORMATION SHEET on artist-in-residence stipends of the federal state of Berlin for 2019 all disciplines – worldwide
Infoveranstaltung Internationaler Kulturaustausch am 22. Juni 2018 im Podewil