Funding programme for women artists in film/video
Target group / Purpose of funding
Work stipends and project grants are awarded through this programme to women film and video makers. Funding is also available for projects of a limited duration, such as screen-writing, research and other aspects of pre-production. Stipends are also available to film makers to compensate for loss of income during the production, distribution and public presentation of films, including presentations abroad.
Eligibility and conditions
- Funding is awarded through this programme to women artists who have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to provide samples from their portfolio.
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin or have their primary residence here.
- Funding is not available for projects directed towards video installation work.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
- Stipends of €2,000 per month are available to women film makers through this programme and are usually awarded for a period of four to six months depending on the specific requirements of the project.
- Applications may be submitted for project funding in connection with films which have been completed for the production of film copies or distribution activities (participating in festivals, sub-titling etc.).
Call for applications
A call for applications to this programme is usually issued in October of each year for the following year.
Women artists program