Funding programme for women artists in film/video
Target group / Purpose of funding
Work stipends and project grants are awarded through this programme to women film and video makers. Grants are also available for public film screenings and other events that will present the work of women film makers to a wider audience. Funding is also available for projects of a limited duration, such as screen-writing, research and other aspects of pre-production. Stipends are also available to film makers to compensate for loss of income during the production, distribution and public presentation of films, including presentations abroad.
Eligibility and conditions
- Funding is awarded through this programme to women artists who have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to provide samples from their portfolio.
- Film societies and other cultural initiatives with previous experience in film programming may also apply for grants in relation to the screening of films and similar events.
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin or have their primary residence here.
- Funding is not available for projects directed towards video installation work.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
- Stipends of €2,000 per month are available to women film makers through this programme and are usually awarded for a period of four to six months depending on the specific requirements of the project.
- Applications may be submitted for project funding in connection with films which have been completed for the production of film copies or distribution activities (participating in festivals, sub-titling etc.).
- Grants for the screening of series of films, festivals, lectures and similar events (e.g. for expenses relating to the transport of film copies, advertising, fees for lecturers and travel expenses) are capped at a maximum of €8,000.
Call for applications
A call for applications to this programme is usually issued in October of each year for the following year.