Office for DIVERSITY, ARTS and CULTURE - Berlin
- Berlin as a place of arts and culture should reflect its population’s many facettes
In order to attain this goal, the Senate Department of Culture and Europe has created the Office for Diversity in Arts and Culture in cooperation with Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH.
GoalsThe Office for Diversity in Arts and Culture seeks to provide
- advice to cultural Institutions
- empowerment of independet creatives coming from under-represented communities
- counsel to the Senate Department for Culture and Europe in its strive towards a more diverse staff and program
Long-term goal of the Berlin Office for Diversity in Arts and Culture is the removal of structural and institutional forms of discrimintation.
The future development of Berlin as a cultural place should be geared towards more diversity in the workforce, audience and program of groups and intitutions and allow practical access for everyone.
The development of more diverse organizations is a challenging and time-consuming effort that requires know-how and energy.The Office for Diversity in Arts and Culture provides:
- Deep expertise and experience
- Spaces for reflected work to cultural professionals. The Office for Diversity in Arts and Culture supports the transfer of proven activities and models into practice. To do this, it develops suitable formats to transfer knowledge, experience and empowerment together with cultural institutions, independent creative professionals and other agents.
- Strategies and concepts to achieve greater diversity in the cultural field. During the development the Office for Diversity in Arts and Cultureworks with underrepresented communities, the Senate Department of Culture and Europe as well as experts from the science community and political groups.