Early career funding
Target group / Purpose of fundingThis programme provides funding to early career artists wishing to stage a debut production and reach a wider audience with their work. This funding programme is intended for:
- emerging artists who have undertaken professional training in the performing arts;
- self-trained artists able to demonstrate their artistic abilities in the performing arts;
- and individuals with previous experience in the performing arts (as a dancer or actor, for example) who wish to work in an executive role (as a director or choreographer, for example).
Eligibility and conditions
- This funding programme is open only to artists who have not previously received funding through the Senate Department for Culture and Europe.
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
Early career funding is granted in the form of a stipend of € 8,000.
Call for applications
A call for applications to this programme is issued in May of each year for the following year.
Please refer to the current version of the programme flyer (in German) for detailed information on submitting an application.
Informationsblatt Einstiegsförderung 2020
Empfehlungen für Honoraruntergrenzen, Ausstellungshonorare und Lesehonorare