Target group / Purpose of funding
This programme provides funding to early career artists wishing to stage a debut production and reach a wider audience with their work. This funding programme is intended for:
- emerging artists who have undertaken professional training in the performing arts;
- self-trained artists able to demonstrate their artistic abilities in the performing arts;
- and individuals with previous experience in the performing arts (as a dancer or actor, for example) who wish to work in an executive role (as a director or choreographer, for example).
Eligibility and conditions
- This funding programme is open only to artists who have not previously received funding through the Senate Department for Culture and Europe.
- Artists applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
Early career funding is granted in the form of a stipend of € 8,000.
Call for applications
A call for applications to this programme is issued in May of each year for the following year.