Image: Ulrich Dahl
An interface of R & D, of technology, creative industries, and fine arts
Charlottenburg is one of the largest inner-city campuses in Europe. The Technical University (TU) Berlin and the University of the Arts Berlin (UdK) are amongst the most renowned universities in Germany. In the immediate vicinity several renowned non-university scientific institutions as well as numerous, also internationally operating companies have settled. Campus Charlottenburg is a living network of universities, non-university institutions, companies, cultural institutions and business associations. As part of the Berlin’s City West, it has an outstanding economic, cultural and touristic potential.
In 2015, the Charlottenburg Innovation Center (CHIC) was opened to strengthen this business-friendly environment. This modern incubator offers approximately 5,500 m² of office and business space available for up to 100 companies. The CHIC is the first address for start-up companies with a focus on creative industries or technology – looking for cooperation with universities, business enterprises and cultural institutions.
- Between Zoologischer Garten Railway Station and Spreeknie and between Savignyplatz and Tiergarten station
- TU, UdK, SRH Hochschule Berlin (private university)
- Fraunhofer FOKUS, Fraunhofer IPK, Heinrich Hertz Institut
- DFG Research Center MATHEON
- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
- Charlottenburg Innovation Center (CHIC)
The regional management CITY WEST, funded by the Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research, has as its central task the promotion of business and location marketing.