The compulsory attendance in schools remains suspended. From April 12, 2021, alternating lessons take place for grades 1 to 6 and 10 to 13 in half the class in an alternating model. Pupils are called to use the distributed Rapid Covid Antigen Tests. From April 19, 2021 the grades 7, 8 and 9 will restart in half classes in the alternating model. The Rapid Covid Antigen Tests will be carried out obligatory in the schools.
Since April 8, 2021, the daycare centers offer emergency care only for families in systemically relevant professions .
- Information on Rapid Antigen Tests in daycare centers and schools
- Information on schools
- Information on daycare centers
- Multilingual graphics and media on Corona
Schooling Hotline +49 30 90227-6000 | Daycare Centers Hotline +49 30 90227-6600
Covid crisis: Financial aid and support for families
Children should grow up feeling safe and secure. Parents provide this through their love, care and time. Financial services from the state are intended to compensate for disadvantages and support parents with their parenting.
Families especially need support in times of crisis. The family portal of the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs has an overview of the financial aid information compiled by the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs:
• Emergency child supplement
• Child bonus
• Continued payment of wages with childcare
• Wage replacement due to school and day care closings
• Emergency support
• Short-time allowance
• Unemployment benefit and basic income for parents and families
Please be informed and apply for the right help for your children and family!
Here you can find the following information
• Help for parents in the event of loss of earnings
• Information and the digital application for employers and self-employed individuals in Berlin.
• Help and advice for families