- is not yet 18 years old
- lives with you in Germany,
- and receives no or insufficient support from the other parent.
- You or your child do not receive unemployment benefit (Bürgergeld – SGB II).
- Your child’s need for assistance can be prevented by the advance on maintenance payments
- You have a gross monthly income of at least 600 euros and receive supplementary unemployment benefit (Bürgergeld – SGB II).
For details on the entitlement to advance maintenance payments, please refer to the following fact sheet with information on the Advance Maintenance Payments Act.