Business Immigration Service (BIS)
- Do you wish to fill a position in your company with a foreign professional or executive?
- Does the range of services you offer include a relocation service?
Then take advantage of our Business Immigration Service…
Who we are
In collaboration with IHK Berlin and Berlin Partner, our Business Immigration Service (BIS) offers Berlin businesses an outstanding relocation service for foreign professionals and executives.
Through the BIS, Berlin businesses, foreign investors and start-ups, managers, highly skilled professionals and their families can quickly and easily clarify any residency issues and can be put in touch directly with the person responsible for dealing with them.
- a Berlin company that wishes to hire skilled foreign staff?
- an investor?
- a start-up?
- a relocation service?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
What we offer
- Expert initial advice on all legal questions relating to residence and work permits
- Registration of the employee’s first address (on request)
- Enquiries to the Federal Employment Agency (if the employment requires it)
- Pre-consent for immigration procedures
- Issuing and extending residence permits for the purpose of economic activity and for family members
- Issuing permanent residence permits
- Acceptance of collective applications
- Arranging for services to be provided by our partners IHK and Berlin Partner
How can you use our services?
Before we can process your application, you will need to register with us. Registration is free of charge. Businesses and service providers contracted by businesses (especially relocation services) can register with us as customers.
You can find more information on registration and a registration form in our information leaflet (only in German language available).
You are welcome to send us all relevant documents and the completed application form using our contact form. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We generally require the following from you:
- the work permit application form ‘Antrag auf Erlaubnis einer Beschäftigung’ (filled in by the person applying to work here)
- the job description form ‘Stellenbeschreibung’ (filled in by the employer)
- an employment contract or a definite offer of employment
- if the applicant has a foreign university degree:documentation showing that it has been recognised or is valid in Germany; where applicable submission of an individual assessment by the Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen (anabin database))
Leaflet with registration form
(only in German language available)