We offer over 300,000 books and media
- in various formats such as books, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, MP3,
Software for consoles and PCs
- covering many different genres – novels, non-fiction, guide books, comics, magazines, newspapers, language learning courses, audio books, music, films, games, sheet music, graphics, pictures and sculptures and much more
- in various languages such as Arabic, English, French, Russian, Spanish, Turkish – also for children
- we also offer a Library of Things; allows for borrowing of games, musical instruments, graphic tablets etc.
Material available for children and families
- Picture books, non-fiction picture books, books for reading out loud and for learning to read, games, audio books, nursery rhymes and children’s films
- Learning aids for all school subjects and all class levels and much more
- Story time
- Homework assistance
Service for day care centres and schools
- Introductions to the library
- Events for promoting language development and reading
- Class reading sets
- Topic-based media boxes
A place to meet, learn and read
- Workplaces, groups welcome
- Cosy and quiet seating corners
- Readings, lectures, exhibitions
- Maker space for crafters interested in both digital and non-digital projects e.g. robotics classes, sewing circles etc. (Bezirkzentralbibliothek Pablo Neruda)
- Music room with electric piano and drumkit (Bezirkzentralbibliothek Pablo Neruda)
Free internet access
- in all libraries
- also via WLAN
- District central library
Pablo Neruda Library
Frankfurter Allee 14A
phone: 90298 5750
- Central Library
Wilhelm Liebknecht / Namik Kemal Library
phone: 50 58 52 25 / 50 58 52 27
- Municipal Library
Friedrich von Raumer Library
phone: 50 58 76 13 / 50 58 76 16
- Family Library (temporarily closed)
Else Ury Family Library
Glogauer Straße 13
phone: 22 50 2613
How do I register?
You will only need a library card if you would like to borrow something. To register, simply bring your identity card or your passport with your certificate of residency and if applicable residence permit.
|Children and schoolchildren||€0|
Recipients of unemployment
benefit or social benefit
|Students and trainees||€5|
|Best sellers||14 days|
DVDs, CDs, magazines
Games for consoles & PC
|Graphics, pictures||84 days|
You can renew the loan periods twice.How do I avoid additional costs? With every loan you will be given a receipt with the loan periods. If you exceed these periods you will be charged additional costs (fines). So return your items in time or renew the loan periods
- in any library
- on the Internet [www.voebb.de / mein Konto]
- or by phone
You can obtain an overview of the fines in any library or on the Internet.
Would you like to order an item from another library?
We will transport items to a library of your choice for collection or even to your home.
There are charges for this service (see table)
|Per item||Within the network||Home delivery|
|Delivery to collection point||€1.00||€2.50|
|Return to original library||€1.00|
Please remember to inform us if you have changed your name or address of if you have lost your library card.
Have you any other questions?
We are happy to help! Just come to the service and advice counters in our libraries, give us a call or send an e-mail to: email@example.com