Coronavirus in Berlin
- Please note our current information: Processing customer applications at the Berlin Immigration Office during the Corona pandemic
- You can find information on the Corona virus on the special page of the Senate Chancellery of the Governing Mayor of Berlin
Booking an appointment
- Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. Please read our current information on the subject
- It is possible that all the appointment slots are booked up. This does not mean that there is a technical fault (see below).
- For the time being service will only take place by appointment.
Insofar as the following text refers to services with waiting number, this information is irrelevant, at least until March 28th, 2021.
- I would like to book an appointment.
- My query is not covered by the options offered in the appointment booking system. What should I do now?
- When should I book an appointment?
- My residence title will expire before my appointment. Is that a problem?
- What should I bring to my appointment?
- Can I change or delete my appointment?
- Are no appointment slots available?
- Will an appointment be sent to me?
- Can I come even without an appointment?
- Do you have a Schengen visa?
I would like to book an appointment.
For most residence titles, you can book an appointment at the Berlin Immigration Office:
Tip: For some services, you do not need to come to the Berlin Immigration Office. Instead, you can go to any citizens’ registration office (Bürgeramt) if you have booked an appointment:
- You are in possession of a certificate confirming permission to remain pending an asylum decision (Aufenthaltsgestattung), have temporary suspension of deportation status (Duldung), a border crossing certificate, a so-called L4048 certificate under Section 84(2) of the German Residency Act, or a certificate on the confiscation of a passport?
- Your Aufenthaltsgestattung, Duldung or certificate
- has already expired or
- will expire by March 28, 2021?
- Then please complete this online form.
My query is not covered by the options offered in the appointment booking system. What should I do now?
For certain residence titles and services, it is not possible to book an appointment.
If the service that you require is not offered in the online appointment booking system, please contact unit responsible.
Important: Do not book an appointment for a “false” service. If you book an appointment despite the fact that the service that you require is not offered in the online appointment booking system, we cannot serve you, even though you have made an appointment. Please come with a waiting number.
When should I book an appointment?
It is generally possible to extend residence titles no earlier than 8 weeks before they are scheduled to expire.
If possible, you should book an appointment 4-6 weeks before your visa, residence permit or EU Blue Card is scheduled to expire.
Important: Book an appointment before your residence title expires.
My residence title will expire before my appointment. Is that a problem?
- If so, your residence title will be considered as continuing in the federal territory until the scheduled date of your appointment.
- This also applies to the ancillary provisions for your visa.
- This means: You can continue to work or study until your appointment.
- You can present your booking confirmation to the authorities and employers as appropriate proof. Please use this service to avoid long waiting times.
- This applies only on condition that you attend the appointment you have booked.
- Moreover, you can travel abroad only within the scope of validity of the residence title most recently granted to you.
What should I bring to my appointment?
After the appointment booking procedure, you will receive per e-mail an appointment confirmation, which you must print out. This confirmation lists all the required documents and fees. Please bring all of these in full – together with your appointment confirmation.
Important: Please do not cling, staple or stick the documents you bring with you. This helps us to save time with your operation.
Can I change or delete my appointment?
Appointment slots are in short supply, so please delete your appointment if you do not need it. Many thanks.
You can also change your appointment if other slots are available.
To change or delete your appointment, please use the online appointment booking system of the Berlin Immigration Office auf.
Are no appointment slots available?
It is possible that all the appointment slots are booked up. This does not mean that there is a technical fault.
If no appointments can be booked, we ask you to try the booking again the next day. New appointments are activated every day.
Will an appointment be sent to me?
The Berlin Immigration Office does not send out any invitations to extend residence titles.
Therefore, you need to ensure that you book an appointment in a timely manner.
Can I come even without an appointment?
To further contain the corona infection the service at our locations will be restricted.
For the time being until March 28th, 2021, service will only take place by appointment.
Do you have a Schengen visa?
A Schengen visa (Visa Category C) is issued for short stays, e.g. for visits, tourism purposes or business trips.
A visa of this kind always expires as soon as its expiry date has ended.
Schengen visas can be extended only in exceptional cases, e.g. in the event of serious illness.
- Information about the prerequisites, documents and fees
- Please note: The extension of a Schengen-Visa is only possible at the location Keplerstraße
- Please make an appointment by e-mail: email@example.com
As a rule, a Schengen visa cannot be converted into a residence permit.
Therefore, with a Schengen visa, you cannot extend your permitted stay by booking an appointment or applying for a residence permit. More information