- Are you thinking about returning to your home country?
- Do you have any queries about how to finance your permanent return home?
- Are you not sure whether or not you want to return home?
Since late 2006, there is the International Organization for Migration’s (IOM) information and counselling center at the Berlin Immigration Office’s premises.
If you are an immigrant and are interested in returning to your home country, you can obtain advice and information here.
The information and counselling center’s services are available to all third country nationals living in Berlin who are interested in returning voluntarily to their home country.
Counselling services are also open to persons from EU member states who have become victims of human trafficking or forced prostitution.
ConfidentialityCounselling services are
- Non-binding, open and unbiased
- Confidential and, if you wish so, you can remain anonymous
- Free of charge
Making use of the counselling service does not oblige you to a return and has no effect on your asylum application.
- Information on funding possibilities for a voluntary return
- Information on and application for reintegration programs (country-dependent)
- General / individual Information on the situation in your home country
- Redirection to other institutions and aid organizations
- General advice on organizing your return
- If requested: contacting the Berlin Immigration Office to resolve any bureaucratic issues preventing your return
IOM Information and Counselling Center
Room 176 (first floor), house A (of the Berlin Immigration Office LEA)
The center is open as follows:
Monday / Tuesday: 7:00 to 14:00
Wednesday: after agreement by telephone
Thursday: 9:00 to 17:00
To book an appointment, you can call us, send us an e-mail, or book an appointment via our online booking system.