Current language: English

Declaration of commitment (Verpflichtungserklärungen)

Hand bei Unterschrift Notiz Vertrag
  • As a rule, an entry visa can be issued only if the applicant’s means of subsistence are secured for the duration of his/her stay in the federal territory. For this purpose, it must be proved to the German diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate general) that the applicant has sufficient funds of his/her own.
  • If this is not possible, third parties with sufficient creditworthiness (who undertake to cover the applicant’s subsistence expenses) can submit a declaration of commitment (Verpflichtungserklärung).
  • In the case of long-term stays, it is only possible to secure a livelihood by means of a declaration of commitment for certain purposes of stay.
  • Our department B 5 at the Keplerstrasse 2 location in Berlin-Charlottenburg is responsible for declarations of commitment. To submit a declaration of commitment, please use our online application.