USE (urban sustainability exchange) is an online learning tool and open knowledge exchange platform dedicated to sustainable city making. use connects citymakers and encourages the exchange of ideas and experiences to effect positive sustainable change.
You can find more information at www.use.metropolois.org.
What does the platform offer?
- A continuously growing database of international case studies with practical and innovative approaches to sustainable urban development.
- Comprehensive search and filter options (e.g. according to cities, topics, individual SDGs).
- Access to an active community of citymakers, including politicians, administrators, academics and urban practitioners worldwide.
- Interviews and news about events, awards and much more in the field of international urban development.
Learning tool: USE.cases
- Currently nearly 400 case studies, editorially processed and regularly updated.
- Comprehensive: wide-ranging background information and direct contact to initiators and people directly involved in case studies.
- Award-winning: regular supply of case studies by leading urban awards and by institutional partners like EUROCITIES, UCLG Learning, URBACT and Guangzhou Award.
- From citymakers for citymakers: exclusive case studies by members of the use community.
Platform for exchange: use.community
- Profiles of currently nearly 500 citymakers, including politicians, administrators, academics and urban Practitioners.
- Registered users are given case study alerts about new case studies, and the option of making direct contact with all community members. They can also publish case studies of their own.
Registration and contribution
- The database of case studies is freely accessible and can be used free of charge.
- To create a profile in the use community, to network directly with other citymakers and to submit case studies of one’s own, anyone who is interested can register on the platform in a few simple steps and activate their profile:
Governing Mayor of Berlin
– Senate Chancellery –
- Tel.: +49 30 9026-0
- Fax: +49 30 9026-2013
- E-mail email@example.com