Links, addresses, and offers

Help and support – Where can I get advice?

The Landesamt für Gesundheit und Soziales (State Office for Health and Social Affairs – LAGeSo) maintains a “Sozialdienst” (social services office) for particularly vulnerable refugees. After you have registered with the central reception center, the staff members at the social services office can advise you on how the asylum procedure works in Germany.

You can also get advice and help there if you decide to return to your home country voluntarily or to leave Germany for another country. If this is the case, you may qualify for financial assistance for the trip.

Consumer protection information

Information on mobile phone and Internet contracts, on the housing market, and on security staff in refugee shelters