Links, addresses, and offers
Help and support – Where can I get advice?
The Landesamt für Gesundheit und Soziales (State Office for Health and Social Affairs – LAGeSo) maintains a “Sozialdienst” (social services office) for particularly vulnerable refugees. After you have registered with the central reception center, the staff members at the social services office can advise you on how the asylum procedure works in Germany.
You can also get advice and help there if you decide to return to your home country voluntarily or to leave Germany for another country. If this is the case, you may qualify for financial assistance for the trip.
Consumer protection information
Information on mobile phone and Internet contracts, on the housing market, and on security staff in refugee shelters
Collection of useful links and addresses
- Welcome-App Germany (in English)
- Information for refugees in Arabic and German (Apps)
- Information for new arrivals (different language versions)
- Integration und Migration – ein Wegweiser für Berlin (Integration and migration – A guide to Berlin) (in German)
- A Guide for Orientation and Communication in Englisch (multilingual brochure)
- RefugeeGuide – Internet portal in different languages
- “Abendschau” (an evening news show) in Arabic
- “Tagesschau” (an evening news show) and radio in English and Arabic
- Guide for refugees in English and Arabic – A service of ARD
- Wefugees – Internet platform in English
- RefuChat – Website in English
- Goethe-Institut – Learning German for refugees (in English)
- Important addresses for refugees from the Pankow Borough Office (in German)
- Talent-Berlin – Live and Work in Berlin (in English)