Nationals of certain countries can enter for a short stay of 90 days even without a visa.
However, a residence title can be issued without a visa only if the following three requirements are fulfilled:
- You have a legal right to a residence permit pursuant to the German Residence Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz), and
- This right came into existence after your entry and
- In the federal territory.
For example, this would be the case if you became the father or mother of a child with German citizenship who was born in the federal territory during your visa-free short stay.In particular, you do not have a right in the following cases:
- You get married in another EU member state (e.g. in Denmark)
- You plan to start education or training or an economic activity
- A child is born but does not have German citizenship