Are you planning on travelling to Berlin, did you just arrive, or would you like to live in our city for longer? The Welcome Center informs newly arrived persons about everything affecting your arrival and stay in Berlin.
- What legal requirements do I need to fulfil?
- How do I find work, training?
- What do I need to consider while looking for an apartment?
- How do I find a school for my child?
- How does day-to-day life in Berlin work?
What you need to know to do, and where and how to arrive properly are things we can provide advice about both on location at Potsdamer Strasse 65 and virtually via our website.
We can also guide you to additional special advice services from other civic offices and institutions of the State of Berlin and other organisations and associations.
Advice in your language!
Advice is provided in English, Vietnamese, Turkish, and Arabic. Another person who can translate Farsi, Dari, Pashtu, Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi is available to you on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We are happy to support you with filling out forms and applications.
Unfortunately, the Welcome Center Berlin currently does not provide practical support with looking for apartments.
- You don´t need an appointment, just come by during our opening hours. One hour before the beginning of the respective counseling hours, we start giving out waiting numbers for appointments with our counselors. If there is a great number of people seeking advice, it is possible that there are no numbers left and no more appointments available. Please therefore also make use of our offer to ask questions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.