The reconstructed 1762 Rococo residential palace in the southern corner of Berlin’s Nikolaiviertel, which used to be known as Berlin’s most beautiful corner was built by the court jeweller Veitel Heine Ephraim. Today’s accurate replica is still considered one of Berlin’s most exquisite buildings with its original, elegantly curving decorated facade, wrought-iron balconies and the famous oval staircase and ceiling by Schlüter on the 1st floor.
The Museum contains prints from of the Stadt Museum (City Museum) collection. Special temporary exhibitions on Berlin's artistic, cultural and political history in cooperation with the Berlin State Archive draw attention to contemporary personalities, events and works of art which have shaped the city. The Museum Shop is located in the lobby.
|Phone:||030 24 00 21 62|
|Opening Hours:||Tue-Sun 10-18, Wed 12-20|
|Admission Fee:||5 Euro, red. 3 Euro (Free admission Wednesdays)|