If you have a residence title of another Schengen country 1, you can be issued with a German residence title after your entry.
However, this applies only if you have a right to a residence title pursuant to the German Residence Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz).
- You have an EU long-term residence permit 2
- Issuance of a EU Blue Card
- You have immigrated to join your German relatives
- You have immigrated to join your spouse or same-sex life partner
- You start education or training
- You intend to start an economic activity (except within the framework of an EU Blue Card)
2 EU long-term residence permits of these countries are not included: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Great Britain, Ireland and Romania