Show on map

End of map.

Public transportation

3 more dates

Part of:

Forum

Forum

Forum

With the new three-part discussion series Forum featuring Dr. Mariama Diagne, the Staatsballett Berlin continues the dialogue between theory and practice, which has opened up discussion spaces with formats like Ballet for Future . Guests and the audience are invited to engage with a central aspect of the performing arts on three evenings in the foyer of the Deutsche Oper Berlin: How are emotions portrayed in artistic works? Which elements in artistic body practices evoke emotions in what way? What influence do they have on dance as an art form? Forum discusses the ambivalences of the three concepts, «Beauty, Violence, Memory,» and their interconnection with the art of dance. These three concepts are not only central themes of tragedies and comedies that shape life and art. They are fundamental facets of human existence. Through them, not only cultural identity is articulated but also norms of societal forms of (co-)existence. What primarily connects beauty, violence, and memory is that they are highly charged with emotions. In the complex network, these three concepts influence human actions and create a fabric of memory images from shared experiences. The Forum for the 2023/24 season is held in cooperation with the Collaborative Research Center 1512 «Intervening Arts» at the Freien Universität Berlin under the concept and direction of Dr. Mariama Diagne.

Alternative events

Thiago Rosa

I have to interact with memories, music, my father and myself, filling the gaps in my photo albums with my imagination. At school, the history spoke of colonial history. A Black teacher said, “this is just one perspective.” Since he was responsible for... moreabout: Thiago Rosa

Next date:
THIAGO ROSA - EINE PORTRÄTPERFORMANCE
Date:
Wednesday, 15/May/2024 20:00 (3 more dates)
Venue:
Ballhaus Naunynstraße
Address:
Naunynstraße 27, 10997 Berlin-Kreuzberg
Price:
from €7.70

INTER_SECTION #6 | Silencio – Stille

Together with Argentinian dancer Maria Colusi, the duo INTER_SECTION (Sabine Ercklentz & Claudia Schmitz) explore the significance of silencio - silence for communication and change in this project. In times of overheated communication structures, the... moreabout: INTER_SECTION #6 | Silencio – Stille

Next date:
INTER_SECTION #6 | Silencio - Stille
Date:
Friday, 17/May/2024 19:00 (2 more dates)
Venue:
Dock 11 - Dock Art Theater
Address:
Kastanienallee 79, 10435 Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg
Price:
from €18.02

PUZZLE WORK

DART Dance Company and DART Programs perform two compelling contemporary evenings. The sensual and musical pieces will carry the audience into a world filled with mother nature and ecstasy. Rich in musical nuances, this dance theatre production will be... moreabout: PUZZLE WORK

Next date:
Dart Dance Company: Puzzle Worky
Date:
Friday, 17/May/2024 20:00
Venue:
Pfefferberg - Theater
Address:
Schönhauser Allee 176, 10119 Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg
Price:
from €28.05

Show more events in the category "Tanz"…

The help page for the event calendar answers common questions.. Information about coperations and imprint can be found on our page about partners and terms and conditions.