The former village of Rosenthal still scores with its village character. In addition to the church, manor house and farmsteads, there are allotment gardens and newer single-family houses.
Like neighboring Blankenfelde, the quiet and green Rosenthal district of Berlin can be traced back to an independent rural community that was incorporated into Greater Berlin in 1920.
Village green with church and manor house
Rosenthal was created as a village in the countryside. It was first documented in 1356 and the church is even older: it was built around 1230. Also on the historic Dorfanger are the community center, the manor house and the office building. Around it there are still old farmhouses with homesteads. The village church and the area around it are now listed buildings.
Allotment gardens and single family houses in Rosenthal
Another characteristic of Rosenthal are the many gardens. Most of them are allotment gardens with small pergolas on top. On other plots, detached houses have been built. Apartment buildings are clearly outnumbered in Rosenthal and manage with only a few floors.
Country house colony and cemetery Nordend
Around 1875 the country house colony Nordend developed in the immediate vicinity of Rosenthal, which was temporarily given the name Rosenthal II. In the late 19th century, today's Nordend cemetery was built on Dietzgenstraße, covering an area of over 40 hectares. The central avenues are lined with old lime trees. The rear part is now completely overgrown.
Last edited: 29. September 2020