The church is closed.
The Friedrichwerdersche Kirche (1830), Karl Friedrich Shinkel’s neo-gothic masterpiece lays only a short walk away from the Museum Island area on the Werdeschermarkt immediately recognisable by its twin square towers.
It is best known because of its permanent exhibition on the life and works of Karl Friedrich Schinkel, Prussia’s renowned architect and his contemporaries Johann Gottfried Schadow and Christian Daniel Rauch. The collection of 19th century sculpture is exhibited in the nave with Schinkel’s own work and life exhibited on the top floor.
Highlights include the original model for the sculpture of the princesses Louise and Friedericke and portraits from the times of Goethe from Christian Daniel Rauch and contemporaries.
Werderscher Markt 1
|Opening Hours:||The church is closed.|