CORONA-VIRUS IN BERLIN
- Informationen zur Antragsbearbeitung und Bedienung im Landesamt für Einwanderung
- Aktuelle Informationen des Landes Berlin zum Thema Corona-Virus finden Sie unter www.berlin.de/corona.
Employment - Change of employer
- Do you have a residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card?
- Does your work permit specify a particular company?
- Do you want to change company?
Note: Your residence permit for the purpose of employment/your EU Blue Card does not have to be amended, if you
- have already worked for at least two years with a residence permit for the purpose of employment or
- you have resided continuously in Germany for at least three years with a residence permit (except for study)
- in addition, no time limit is fixed by law for your type of employment (such as, for example, in the case of speciality chefs or within the framework of an exchange of personnel of an internationally operating company).
- Do you still work for the same employer, but something has changed, for example the name of the company or of your job? Also in this case your residence permit EU does not need to be changed. Then please read our "fact sheet for foreign workers" (see below in section "More information").
Possession of a valid residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card
Your residence title needs to be changed? Then we recommend to book an appointment for the reissue (see below bookable services in the section „More information“).
Work permit is limited to one company and you want to change company
Main residence in Berlin
You can also send the application by e-mail, fax or post. But we recommend an appointment booking.
- Form "Antrag auf Erlaubnis einer Beschäftigung" (filled out)
- Form "Stellenbeschreibung" (filled out)
- Employment contract
If you apply in writing, submit copies of your passport as well.
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- If the residence permit or EU Blue Card needs to be amended: free of charge
- For issuing a certificate: 18.00 euros
- If the residence permit needs to be extended: 49.00 to 96.00 euros (depending on the technical effort)
- If the EU Blue Card has to be extended: 96.00 euros
The location Keplerstraße is only responsible for this service if you have one of the following residence titles:
- EU Blue Card (Blaue Karte EU)
- Residence permit for the employment as an au pair, scientist, visiting scholar, academic staff or for an internship
- you have a residence permit for another employment.
- Then please contact our Business Immigration Service by e-mail in advance.