Informationen zum Coronavirus
- Allgemeinverfügung des Bezirksamtes Tempelhof-Schöneberg von Berlin vom 12.05.2021: Vollzug des Infektionsschutzgesetzes
- Hinweise zur Kontaktaufnahme mit dem Gesundheitsamt!
- Eingeschränkte Erreichbarkeiten der Ämter und Einrichtungen des Bezirksamtes Tempelhof-Schöneberg!
- Über die aktuellen Entwicklungen im Land Berlin informiert Sie die Senatskanzlei zentral unter https://www.berlin.de/corona/
- Hier finden Sie auch die aktuell geltende SARS-CoV-2-Infektionsschutzverordnung
Prostitutionstätigkeit - Issuance of a registration certificate
On 1 July 2017, the Prostituiertenschutzgesetz - Prostitute Protection Act (ProstSchG) came into force. Prostitutes now have to register their activities with the responsible office. This should provide them with comprehensive information and access to offers of help so that they can better know and exercise their rights.
Prostitutes within the meaning of the Prostitution Protection Act are all persons, regardless of whether they are female, male or trans*, who provide sexual services against payment .
A sexual service is a sexual act of at least one person on or in front of at least one other person directly present against payment or allowing a sexual act on or in front of one's own person against payment.
No sexual services are performances of an exclusively performing nature, in which none of the other persons present is sexually actively involved or directly present (e.g. pornography, table dance without the involvement of the audience, telephone sex, web cam).
So you have to register if you are engaged in prostitution in the actual sense and offer sexual intercourse, or if you work as a dominatrix and BDSM service provider or erotic or tantric masseur and accept money or jewellery, clothes, cars, mobile phones, etc. as payment. Even if you only work occasionally as a prostitute, you have to register.
You have to register in the city where you want to work primarily. If you have several places of work where you want to work equally often, you can decide for yourself where you want to register. It is important that you appear personally for registration.
If you work mainly in Berlin, you can register at Probea Berlin in the district Tempelhof-Schöneberg in the town hall of Schöneberg. In Berlin the consultations are free of charge.
The law provides for two consecutive consultations for confirmation of registration:
- Please make the first appointment with the health counseling, which you can find at the same place in Schöneberg Town Hall. Further information on health advice can be found on the website of the Berlin Center for Health Advice (according to §10 ProstSchG), BeZeGeBePro (under "More information").
- Please make the (follow-up) appointment at Probea Berlin. At Probea there will be a (second) information and counselling session. A registration certificate will then be issued. Upon request, Probea Berlin will also be happy to issue a pseudonymised registration certificate (alias certificate - Aliasbescheinigung).
Identity card, passport, passport substitute or identity card substitute containing a photograph.
If you are a foreign national and not entitled to freedom of movement, you must provide documents (residence permit) that show that you have permission to take up employment or self-employed activities in Germany.
Evidence of health consultation pursuant to § 10 ProstSchG
Certification of attending a health consultation pursuant to § 10 ProstSchG in Berlin, during the past three months.
Registration certificate (Meldebescheinigung) / delivery address as an alternative
Current registration certificate / confirmation for the place of residence or principle residence (Meldebescheinigung), or evidence of a mailing address, if you have no permanent address in Germany.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Should the mailing address not be your own address, but e.g. the workplace, the home of a friend or another address of a third person, you and the owner of that adress need to fill out the form on the bottom of this page and bring it to the appointment (form "confirmation of the delivery address").
The registering individual must present an up-to-date borderless photograph with a height of 45 millimetres and a width of 35 millimetres.
At the prolongation: Proof(s) of the continuous participation in the health counselling according to § 10 ProstSchG
Prostitutes over the age of 21 must submit evidence of the health consultations pursuant to § 10 Para. 1 which have taken place at least once a year in order to renew their registration. Prostitutes under the age of 21 must submit evidence of health consultations held at least every six months.
Average time to process request
For the initial issuance of a registration certificate the responsible authority is the Bezirksamt Tempelhof-Schöneberg.