The village church in Alt-Staaken was probably built from 1436 to 1438, and a tower and a charnel house were added in 1712. Although the church was in the border area from 1952 to 1990, the congregation in West-Staaken (GDR) was able to continue using it. The gallery and Renaissance pulpit were removed in 1970. Gabriele Mucchi’s (1899–2002) mural “Versöhnte Einheit” (Unity Reconciled) was painted on the southern interior wall during the restoration done from 2000 to 2002.
Village church in Alt-Staaken
Bild: BA Spandau