Glienicke Hunting Lodge (Jagdschloss Glienicke), built in 1682 for the Great Elector, had an eventful history, changing owners several times and becoming both a military hospital and a wallpaper factory before being purchased by Prince Carl von Preussen in 1859 as a summer residence for his son, Friedrich Karl. Friedrich Karl had the building remodeled by Ferdinand von Arnim in the style of the French Baroque. After 1919, the building fell into decay. Modernized by Max Taut in 1963, it is now home to a continuing education center for social education.
Glienicke Hunting Lodge
Bild: Wolfgang Bittner LDA