Martin Gropius Bau

Martin-Gropius-Bau
Image: Anibal Trejo - Fotolia.com

The Museum of Applied Art (Kunstgewerbemuseum) was designed by Martin Gropius and Heino Schmieden in the style of the Italian High Renaissance and built from 1877 to 1881. Severely damaged in World War II, the building was not restored until 1977 to 1981 (by Kampmann and Westström). Since then, the building has hosted changing exhibitions.