The KaDeWe (short version of "Kaufhaus des Westens", department store of the west) was built in 1907 at Wittenbergplatz on Tauentzienstraße in Berlin's City West where the districts of Schöneberg and Charlottenburg meet. From the beginning on, the KaDeWe has been a superior department store which targeted the upper class by only offering luxurious items and special services.
KaDeWe - Luxury over six floors
Today the KaDeWe presents its goods and services on six floors on a sales space of about 60,000 square metres. Besides high-quality design clothing and living items the department store also offers luxurious beauty rooms and lounges, a wedding and gift service, a hotel and home service, a tailor, hairdressers, buggy rental and a bureau de change. All in all about 2,000 employees take care of the needs and wishes of the customers.
KaDeWe's gourmet department
The KaDeWe is well-known for its gourmet department on the sixth floor. Customers can purchase premium food products from all over the world and also enjoy the delicious offers at various bars, restaurants and cafés. It is recommended to stop by the café at the seventh floor. Due to its glassfront it provides a spectacular view over the city.