Music funding programmes
Stipends and various funding programmes for the realization of
proposals and projects are provided primarily to applicants
working in the field of New Music (contemporary music,
classical modern music and sound art) as well as choirs that
are based in Berlin.
Stipends as well as project, studio and tour funding are provided to jazz musicians of all styles. Jazz and pop musicians are also invited to apply to our allocation programme for studio and rehearsal spaces.
Additional funding is available for music projects through the various interdisciplinary funding programmes (Inter-cultural projects, International cultural exchange, Funding for women artists).
- Berlin-Rheinsberg Composition Prize
- Co-financing fund
- Work stipends New Music and sound art
- Cultural exchange stipends of the federal state of Berlin – Music: Paris
- Foreign residency programme of the Federal Republic of Germany – Architecture / Visual arts / Literature / Music
- Funding for choirs
- Funding for presentations of existing work
- Inter-cultural projects
- Jazz project funding
- Jazz stipends
- New Music basic funding
- New Music events
- Project funding for New Music – Initiative Neue Musik Berlin e.V.
- Rehearsal spaces for jazz and pop musicians
- Tour funding for jazz musicians
- Travel allowances for work abroad
Established by the Berlin Senate in 2013, the Musicboard is
tasked with supporting professional pop musicians based in
Berlin in their career development and marketing initiatives at
the national and international level. In order to provide
musicians and project managers operating in Berlin with a
central point of contact and a uniform funding framework,
funding previously allocated to projects within the pop music
domain by the Senate Chancellery – Cultural Affairs is to
be administered on a trial basis by the Musicboard in 2015.
Bands based in Berlin can also draw on the resources of
for further advice and support. The brochure DSCHUNGEL-INFO –
Landesvereinigung Kulturelle Jugendbildung (available in
German) provides an overview of Berlin’s music scene and
infrastructure for young bands.
Grants are provided to the Landesmusikrat Berlin, the Fête de la Musique Berlin, the regional association of Jeunesses Musicales Deutschland and to concert series staged by Spectrum Concerts Berlin and the Berliner Symphoniker.