Coronavirus in Berlin
- Please note our current information: Processing customer applications at the Berlin Immigration Office during the Corona pandemic
- You can find information on the Corona virus on the special page of the Senate Chancellery of the Governing Mayor of Berlin
Declaration of commitment (Verpflichtungserklärungen)
- As a rule, an entry visa can be issued only if the applicant’s means of subsistence are secured for the duration of his/her stay in the federal territory. For this purpose, it must be proved to the German diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate general) that the applicant has sufficient funds of his/her own.
- If this is not possible, third parties with sufficient creditworthiness (who undertake to cover the applicant’s subsistence expenses) can submit a declaration of commitment (Verpflichtungserklärung).
- In the case of long-term stays, it is only possible to secure a livelihood by means of a declaration of commitment for certain purposes of stay.
- Our department B 5 at the Keplerstrasse 2 location in Berlin-Charlottenburg is responsible for declarations of commitment. Please book or make an appointment for this.
- Would you like to know which documents you need for this? That depends on whether the visa is to be issued for a short or long stay.
Declaration of commitment for a short-term stay (Schengen-visa)
Is it about a visa for a short stay of a maximum of 3 months (vacation trip, visiting family or friends, business trip)?
Declaration of commitment for a long-term stay (national visa)
Does the applicant need a visa for a long-term stay of more than 3 months (e.g. for a language course or a degree, or for Syrian refugees with family in Berlin)?