Commercial and Industrial Sites
Berlin has considerable potential for the utilization of state-owned sites. These commercial and industrial sites are primarily designated for locating and expanding eligible small and medium-sized manufacturing companies and production related ser-vices. The Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research can rec-ommend a direct contract for a suitable state-owned site for companies in these sectors which are seeking to invest. Such a recommendation is always based on a project’s status as particularly eligible for business promotion.
Within Berlin, large connected publicly-owned commercial and industrial sites for immediate development are available primarily in Marzahn-Hellersdorf and Lichtenberg. Commercial parks in other Berlin boroughs also offer developed or undeveloped plots of land for establishing commercial and industrial enterprises.
The city of Berlin employs infrastructure funding allocated by the Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research from the “Joint Task for Improving Regional Economic Structures (GRW)” to develop new commercial and industrial sites.
- Marzahn-Hellersdorf: By 2015, the CleanTech Business Park Berlin Marzahn will be a customised site for manufacturing companies in renewable energies and green technologies. This location is planned as Berlin’s largest industrial area. (approx. 90 hectares)
- Adlershof: Commercial and industrial sites close to the WISTA Science and Technology Park in Berlin-Adlershof are being newly developed and prepared as business locations. (approx. 30 hectares)
- Tegel: When Tegel Airport is decommissioned, the site will be transformed into the “Urban Tech Republic” research and industrial park, providing a dedicated centre for urban technologies. (approx. 210 hectares)
General contact details for information on all locations
- Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
- Liegenschaftsfonds Berlin (leasehold or sale)
- Business promotion in Berlin’s boroughs
Selected contact details for specific locations
- Adlershof: Adlershof Projekt GmbH and Wista-Management GmbH
- Tegel: Tegel Projekt GmbH
- Wuhlheide: Wuhlheide Innovation Park