Informationen für Geflüchtete aus der Ukraine und ehrenamtlich Helfende / Інформація для біженців з України і для волонтерів: berlin.de/ukraine
People who cannot read or write at all or not well need special courses. Their oral skills may vary.
People who cannot read and write at all or not well in Latin letters.
- There are courses in German for mothers/parents and refugees.
- There are no literacy courses for people who have to take an integration course at our VHS. There are, however, second language courses. These are for people who can read and write fluently in their mother tongue but do not know the Latin alphabet.
- For people who have learned German as their mother tongue or who speak German very fluently, there are literacy courses in the basic education programme area.
There are courses from Alpha 1 to Alpha 3 and the preliminary course.
The duration of the courses depends on the learning progress of the participants.
The courses for participants in the courses for mothers/parents and for refugees are free of charge.
The courses take place in the mornings or afternoons at various learning locations in the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district.
You can find out details at the counselling centre.
In the literacy courses at the Volkshochschule Tempelhof-Schöneberg, we distinguish between three levels:
- Alpha 1 (learning the alphabet, the number system and writing simple short words).
- Alpha 2 (writing longer words and word groups)
- Alpha 3 (writing short sentences and reading first texts)
- Pre-course (preparation for structured German learning with a textbook)
There is no exam: If participants can read and write sufficiently, they can change to the German course A1 and take an exam there at the end.
The course book is free of charge.
The courses require prior counselling and, if necessary, a placement test.
Please call our telephone counselling service and make an appointment for a personal conversation about the German courses and your registration.
The following are the contents of the right sidebar
16:00 – 19:00 Uhr
(in den Schulferien geschlossen)