The catalogue and your account at the network of Berlin Public Libraries
Searching the Online Catalogue OPAC
You can search the OPAC (online catalogue of the VÖBB network of public libraries in Berlin) in a media inventory of 2.7 million titles with a total of 8.3 million copies
With a valid library card of the Public Libraries of Berlin or the Central and State Library of Berlin, you can use the following services:
- Order media and pick them up at a VÖBB library of your choice
- Ordering media to your home
- Account inspection and extension of the loan period of all borrowed media
Our service for you: reminding by email before the loan period expires and a notification when the ordered media is available for pickup
- If you give us your email address, you will automatically receive a reminder by email two days before the end of the lending period; share your email address at: Home VÖBB menu item “My account” (Manage e-mail / SMS).VÖBB Menüpunkt “Mein Konto” (E-Mail / SMS verwalten”).
- By sharing your email address you will also receive information when and where the provided media is ready for pickup.
- If you no longer want this service, you have to delete your email address. In this case notifications about the provided media will only be sent by SMS or letter.
Fees for ordering and providing media at VÖBB
- Providing and reservation or ordering request (per media unit) € 1.00
- Orders and transfers out of the magazine to the respective ZLB library are free of charge
- You will be noticed without charge when your media is ready for pickup
- Transport to and from its origin € 1.00 each (within the district and association and per media unit)
- Transports back between the ZLB libraries are free of charge
- Delivery to a private address (including fee for provision) € 3.50
- Interlibrary loan orders are costing a minimum of € 1.50 VÖBB
Fees will also have to be paid if ordered media are not picked up. If a user account is blocked there will be no home deliveries.
Access to more than 5,000 newspapers, magazines and magazines from all over the world; from 100 countries in over 50 languages, including a daily summary – up to date, in line with the layout and often before the print edition is published.
German-language newspapers and magazines such as the Berliner Zeitung or the Handelsblatt, updated daily and partly with PDF. Perfect for research in a large number of current media.
The following are the contents of the right sidebar
geschlossen bis 31.01.2021
Wir sind von Montag bis Freitag zwischen 10 bis 16 Uhr in allen Bibliotheken telefonisch erreichbar.