The Teltow Canal Walk fully lives up to its name, since it hardly deviates from the banks of the Teltow Canal for the entire stretch between lake “Griebnitzsee” and the river “Dahme”. The canal was constructed in just six years around 1900, designed to provide shipping with a short cut between the rivers “Oder” and “Elbe”. At that time, a number of streams running through Berlin disappeared forever from the city map when their beds were integrated into the canal construction.
Walk 17 – Teltow Canal Walk (38 km)
Senate Department for Urban Mobility, Transport, Climate Action and the Environment
Contact person for path markings
Berliner Wanderverband e.V.