Jazz project funding - UNDER CONSTRUCTION -
Target group / Purpose of funding
Funding is awarded through this programme to projects that serve to secure and/or create opportunities for bands based in Berlin to perform or which help to enhance the creativity and/or popularity of Berlin bands or musicians, such as festivals, event programmes and other formats.
Applications for project funding can be submitted by musicians themselves or by concert promoters, agencies, clubs, or organizations whose projects involve bands or musicians from Berlin in particular.
Eligibility and conditions
- Funding is awarded through this programme to musicians/groups that have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Applications must be submitted before work on the project commences.
- Musicians/bands that have released gold status recordings (100,000 albums / 150,000 singles sold) may not apply to this programme.
- Musicians applying to this programme must live and work in Berlin. In the case of groups, the majority of members must live and work in Berlin.
Under this programme funding is awarded for the realization of projects and events. Funding is not available for the compensation of standard operating costs, one-off performances at clubs by groups or individuals, the purchase of musical instruments or the production of media (records, CDs, DVDs etc.)
Call for applications
There will be an annual call for applications issued in the fall of each year for projects beginning in the following year.
Please refer to the current version of the programme flyer (in German) for detailed information on submitting an application.
Empfehlungen Honoraruntergrenzen-IG-Jazz-Berlin Stand 10/2018
Hinweisblatt zur Barrierefreiheit in der Projektförderung
- Tel.: (030) 90228 383
- Fax: (030) 90228 457
- E-mail Franziska.Hofmann@Kultur.Berlin.de