Target group / Purpose of funding
Grants are awarded for travel and transport in connection with outstanding projects abroad. Funding is available for projects by professional Berlin artists or groups from all artistic disciplines in cooperation with suitable foreign partners in international cultural exchange. The funding is intended for temporary, high-profile presentation formats with a public impact, e.g. exhibitions, concerts, and guest performances.
Eligibility and conditions
- Eligible to apply are natural persons (individual artists or groups) who have their primary residence in Berlin.
- Groups must form a GbR for the purpose of the trip.
- The majority of the group members live (primary residence) and work in Berlin.
- The Berlin artists are invited by an international partner abroad with their presentation project to present themselves to the public there.
- Own contributions of the local organizers must be proven.
- The presentation must be expected to lead to sustainable contacts.
- The presentation abroad must take place in the respective funding year and has not yet begun.
- Not eligible are: Pure artist residencies, working, research and study visits.
The grants are awarded for travel and transport costs for outstanding presentations by Berlin artists abroad. Grants of 500, 1.000, 2.000, 3.000, 4.000, 5.000, 6.000, 7.000 or 8.000 Euro can be applied for. A grant of more than 8.000 Euro may be awarded upon submission of a special justification.
The attachment ‘Reisende und Transport’ (Travellers and Transport) must be used. You can find the form for download here on the website.
Call for applications
The grants are awarded twice a year. Applications must be submitted by May 2 for the current year and October 17 for the following year.
Travel plans submitted by the application deadline of 2 May 2023 can take place in July 2023 at the earliest. Travel plans for 2024 should be submitted in the second round of applications, by 17 October 2023.
Please refer to the current version of the information sheet for more details on submitting an application.