The traditional KPM Königliche Porzellan Manufaktur Berlin (Royal Porcelain Manufacture) is located in Charlottenburg-District in Berlin's City West near Tiergarten S-Bahn station. Only there it produces its exquisite hand-crafted tableware since 1873. KPM goods can be purchased there as well.
Exhibition about KPM's history at its headquarters
KPM was the most favourite porcelain of the Prussian King Federick the Great and his offspring who bought the company in 1763 and owned it until the end of the First World War. This fact explains the name "Royal (german: königlich) Porcelain Manufactury". At the KPM headquarter an exhibition called KPM World provides further information about history and production of the traditional porcelain.
Clean shapes and a cobalt blue sceptre
The porcelain's characteristic features are clean shapes and the cobalt blue sceptre. Over the centuries the manufactury remained true to its concept to produce only high quality hand-crafted items in Berlin. Therefore it is appreciated all over the world. In addition to traditional fine diningware the company also manufactures vases and other decoration items.
Experiencing KPM porcelain at the KPM Café
How it feels to dine with the fine porcelain can be experienced at the KPM Café next to the manufacture. The café offers various sorts of coffee, breakfast, little snacks and cakes - all served on KPM porcelain.