From December 8th, 2021, the VRT (3G in German) regulation will also be applied at all locations of the Berlin Immigration Office.
Thus, without exception, only people can gain access to the service buildings who have either been fully vaccinated against the corona virus, have recovered or who have currently tested negative for an infection with the corona virus.
You must therefore be able to show one of the following documents before admission:
If you are fully vaccinated:
- You are considered fully vaccinated if your last required vaccination was at least 14 days ago.
- A vaccination certificate (QR code) together with photo ID is required as proof.
If you are recovered:
- You are considered to have recovered if you were infected with the corona virus at least 28 days and at most 6 months ago. If you have been infected more than 6 months ago, you must have had at least one vaccination.
- These documents are recognized as proofs:
- a valid certificate from the health department (Gesundheitsamt) stating that you have recovered no more than 6 months ago, or
- a positive PCR test that is at least 28 days and no more than six months old, or
- an older positive PCR test together with a vaccination certificate for at least one vaccination from at least 14 days ago.
If you are not fully vaccinated or recovered:
- In this case, you must present a recent negative test result. You will then need a written or electronic certificate from a certified testing center about
- a rapid test (PoC antigen test) that is no longer than 24 hours old upon admission or
- a PCR test that is no longer than 48 hours old upon admission.
Please note that there are no test facilities at our locations. You can find an overview of test centers in Berlin at www.direkttesten.berlin/
Different regulations for children and schoolchildren
- Children under 6 years of age do not need any of the above documents.
- For schoolchildren who are regularly tested during school attendance, it is sufficient to present their student ID.
Further information on hygiene measures and corona prevention
- Due to the pandemic outbreak of Covid-19 please wear a mask of the standards KN95/N95 or FFP2 as soon as you enter the service building.
- Otherwise, you will need a medical certificate stating that you are exempt from the mask requirement.
- If possible we kindly ask you to come without accompanying persons.
- You can find more information about the coronavirus on the website of the Senate Chancellery of the Governing Mayor of Berlin