CORONA-VIRUS IN BERLIN
- Informationen zur Antragsbearbeitung und Bedienung im Landesamt für Einwanderung
- Aktuelle Informationen des Landes Berlin zum Thema Corona-Virus finden Sie unter www.berlin.de/corona.
Electronic residence title (eAT) – Loss or theft at the location LEA, Zum Business Immigration Service (BIS)
Current information on this location
In collaboration with IHK Berlin and Berlin Partner, our Business Immigration Service (BIS) offers Berlin businesses an outstanding relocation service for foreign professionals and executives.
Through the BIS, Berlin businesses, foreign investors and start-ups, managers, highly skilled professionals and their families can quickly and easily clarify any residency issues and can be put in touch directly with the person responsible for dealing with them.
- The service is only available to registered customers and after arranging an appointment with us.
- Therefore we are unfortunately not able to help walk-in customers without an appointment.
- You can find more information about the service of the Business Immigration Service on our website.
No information available.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to: Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Payment is not provided.
Electronic residence title (eAT) – Loss or theft
Your electronic residence title (eAT) has been lost or stolen?
Then you are obliged to do the following without delay:
- Report the theft to the police.
- Inform the Berlin Immigration Office about the loss or theft of your eAT (in writing, by e-mail, phone or personally).
- If the electronic identity function was activated in your eAT, have it blocked. This is to protect you and to prevent any misuse of your data.
- By phone using the nationwide hotline for blocking (0180-1-33 33 33/). The hotline for blocking is accessible at all times.
- Please give the lock password. You received the lock password together with the PIN (identification code for activating the function) and the PUK (identification code for unblocking the function) by letter. The letter was sent to you before your received the eAT.
- Thereafter, please inform the Berlin Immigration Office immediately about the blockage.
Unblocking of the electronic identity function
Your stolen or lost eAT card has been found or returned.
For reasons of security you cannot have your blocked eAT card unblocked by phone using the nationwide hotline for blocking. You must come personally to the Berlin Immigration Office.
Your eAT card can only be unblocked if no new one has been ordered from the German Federal Printing Office.
Loss of the extension sheet?
You did not lose your eAT card but the extension sheet (green folded card).
Then you need not inform the police or the Berlin Immigration Office and you also need not have the electronic identity function blocked. Just come to the Berlin Immigration Office to be issued a new extension sheet.
New electronic residence title
You need to have your residence document renewed. Please make an appointment for a transfer of the data (see section “More information”).
- Your electronic residence title (eAT) has been lost or stolen.
Only, if you no longer have the lock password. Then you must come to the Berlin Immigration Office for blocking the eAT.
The fee charged for unblocking the electronic identity function amounts to EUR 6.00 for adults and EUR 3.00 for minors.
Average time to process request
S-Bahn S5, S7, S75 (Zoologischer Garten)
U-Bahn U 2 and U 9 (Zoologischer Garten)
Bus M45, M46, M49, X9, X10, X34, 100,109,110, 200, 204, 245, 249
Train RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14, RB21, RB22 (Zoologischer Garten)